1. Meditate daily on the teachings and life of Jesus.
2. Remember always that the nonviolent movement … seeks justice and reconciliation — not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God in order that all men might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes in order that all men might be free.
6. Observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
8. Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – American civil rights activist and pastor, Nobel Peace Prize 1964 (1929-1968), from a commitment card signed by volunteers at the Birmingham Protests (1963), Quotations book 2019